joi, 25 noiembrie 2010

SEOptimise

SEOptimise


SEO​ is a Zombie! The Ultimate “SEO is Dead” (or Not) Resources List: 1997 till Infinity

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 08:08 AM PST

Zombies*

E​very time I read somewhere that “SEO is dead” I get scared. I’m not scared because I’m afraid my clients will read such a post and then quit paying me for SEO services. I’m terrified because I know that

SEO is a zombie! Every time it’s dead it gets up and becomes even more complex, eating up my brain.

Lately the “SEO is dead” meme turns more and more bizarre though. The more SEO booms by the numbers (and I mean money not just traffic!) the more people out there pronounce it dead and the more other people are claiming that it’s not dead.

By now I’m not interested in determining whether SEO is dead or not or why the people try to convince me it’s dead. Right now, the viral nature of the “SEO is dead” meme is much more interesting. There are also multiple resources out there arguing why SEO is not dead and they are very valuable by themselves as well.

Additionally there is by now a history of “SEO is dead”​ punditry by fake Web celebrities. Plus of course there are seoisnotdead.com, an SEO is Dead-o-Meter and “SEO is dead” comics by now. It’s a whole movement! As we here at SEOptmise deal with all aspects of SEO I decided to compile a list of “SEO is dead” resources, the ultimate one. It won’t feature a number like 30, 40 or 50 resources because I will continously update it in the future.​ I mean we need to tackle this zombie problem, don’t we?

After all I started my international SEO blogging career with an “SEO is dead” post in 2007. Back then I meant to explain that SEO 2.0 is better than old school SEO but seemingly most pundits and copycats just use the “SEO is dead” method without having such a good explanation.

Last’s start with a history lesson: It seems SEO is dead since 1997! That was the year the phrase SEO was coined as far as I know.


“SEO is dead” history: 1997 – 2009


Recent SEO Deaths (2010 – …)


SEO is dead humor


SEO is NOT Dead Explanations


In Case SEO is Really Dead what’s Alive Then?


Misc. “SEO is Dead” Resources



The most common reason to write a SEO is dead article is to get links and attention. It works for years for one reason: Most people hate SEO beacuse they don’t get it. So they really crave the death of SEO. moreover most SEO praticioners are linkerati who can get baited easily.


We here at SEOptimise understand the need for links. Thus I urge you to add you own SEO is dead resources to this ultimate list! I will update the list in the coming decades. So no hurry!

Also I will follow up with another ultimate resources list: This time for “SEO is bullshit”.

OK, you are still not sure whether SEO is dead or not? Try this site.

* Image by doviende

© SEOptimise – Download our free business guide to blogging whitepaper and sign-up for the SEOptimise monthly newsletter. SEO​ is a Zombie! The Ultimate “SEO is Dead” (or Not) Resources List: 1997 till Infinity

Related posts:

  1. How to Write Highly Popular 30+ Item List Blog Posts to Get Links and Traffic
  2. 30+ More Google Analytics Tools, Apps, Hacks, Tweaks and Other Resources
  3. 30 Multivariate & A/B Split Testing Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu