sâmbătă, 5 martie 2011

SEOptimise

SEOptimise


Keyword Density – Finally Useful for SEOs and Penguins

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 06:29 AM PST

As it's a Friday afternoon and we're all winding down for the weekend, I thought it would be an appropriate time to reveal a lighthearted tale involving keyword density, penguins, and Sambuca that I recently admitted to the SEOptimise team – something terribly shameful…

A story of why keyword density is in fact not dead.

A few friends and I were playing the infamous 'Happy Feet drinking game' whereby each player is assigned a frequently mentioned word that whenever they hear whilst watching the film Happy Feet has to drink a shot. I was assigned the word 'fish' (which I wrongly assumed wouldn't be mentioned very much).

It was at that point that my geek instincts kicked in and I went to Google to download a script of the movie.  I subsequently inputted it into a keyword density checker to identify the most frequently used keywords in the film so that I could strategically assign the most frequently mentioned words to the friends who I felt deserved the most Sambuca!

So there you are, whoever said keyword density is useless? It's only useless when optimising websites :-)

 

How to kick start your Friday with some Keyword Density Drinking Games:

1.     Pick a film with characters renowned for frequently repeating specific words. My recommendations:  Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Gordon Ramsay's 'The F Word'.

2.     Download the subtitles for the film & input the text into a KW density checker.

3.     Assign the most frequently mentioned words to those who deserve the most revenge.

4.     Play! Enjoy.

© SEOptimise – Download our free business guide to blogging whitepaper and sign-up for the SEOptimise monthly newsletter. Keyword Density – Finally Useful for SEOs and Penguins

Related posts:

  1. Keyword Temperature and Other Exotic Metrics
  2. SEO Tutorial: Assessing a Keyword Domain for Purchase – Does Buying Make Sense or Not?
  3. 40 Title Tag SEO for Google Ranking Factors & Optimization Techniques + Resources

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu